Tarot for the Modern Reader
August Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Knight of Swords
The focus this month is on taking SWIFT ACTION! This Knight is as fast with his tongue as he is on his feet! The Knight of Swords is definitely a good indication of the energy we will likely be experiencing as the month opens up with a FULL MOON LUNAR ECLIPSE in fellow Air sign Aquarius on August 7th.
Eclipses bring changes. Permanent changes, and with a lunar eclipse it is often an ending of some sort. You could finally see the conclusion or resolution of something you started at the New Moon in Aquarius back in February.
This month’s energy is definitely fast and furious so do watch what you say! The Knight of Swords brings a lot of energy, movement and speed, apparent in the way his horse is charging forward at top speed. Notice the determined look on his face, sword raised above his head; he wields his weapon in attack as his steed races forward at breakneck speed! What do you have this type of energy for this month?
A new project? A writing assignment, or a learning endeavor? In a team environment, while you may have some excellent ideas, try not to alienate yourself by being too opinionated or a know-it-all. Slow down and listen to others as well. You will do best by being as FOCUSED as possible on that one project or goal this month.
Alternatively, this is also a card of travel. You could be going on a short trip or getaway this month, possibly by air, but either way, it will likely be somewhere close by, a day trip or weekend getaway, maybe a last minute end-of-summer vacation or holiday. If you are in the states, you could be traveling to be in the path of totality to watch the Full Solar Eclipse on August 21st.
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Page of Swords
So it’s quickly becoming evident that we are going to have A LOT of Swords energy this month, and since these are BOTH Court Cards, it’s not just one “scenario”. Court Cards typically tend to embody the traits of the entire suit they represent.
The Page of Swords is our obstacle, so while we have all of the action that we need to take and FOCUS, this card reminds us that it will not be easy to do so. The very things we need to focus on will play a role in what makes it hard to actually do so! You could be easily sidetracked with things that don’t matter in the long run, though they feel like they do at the moment. Focus on the bigger projects, the long-range plans.
You may want to know EVERYTHING, the why’s, the how’s the if’s. Your mind races non-stop thinking things through from every possible angle. You research stuff so you can know even MORE. Your challenge this month is to STOP. Don’t overthink, don’t overanalyze. Just DO. Get started on a project that is important and just FOCUS on RESULTS. Do not get caught up in any business, do not gossip, and do not over-estimate yourself or over-sell yourself.
The Page of Swords can also bring messages. While he is upright, which is better than reversed, his messages are never really anything wonderful, at best they are not horrible. But seeing as how this is our challenge this month, I’d keep your ears perked up.
These messages can be regarding legal matters, papers in the mail or being served something. It could also be in the form of sharing ideas (no stealing or plagiarizing!) or info via text message, email or social media updates. Interestingly, it could indicate a recall of a gadget, which is Aquarian, and the sign of our Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in a week.
Action and Advice to Heed This Month
Whoa Nelly! Slow those horses down! Are you surprised our card of advice is a card of SLOOOOWNESS? The Empress is associated with the sign of Taurus (which relates more to the Knight of Pentacles!). She is also associated with the Queens. So our advice is pretty clear here, we need to slooooow down, and seek to understand.
Instead of looking for MORE info and getting distracted and sidetracked, we need to focus on what we have. We have PLENTY as indicated in this card. We have all we need to work with, and we need to do just that, work with it. How can you approach your work from a sensible, loving and constructive mindset?
Whatever you feed right now will GROW. Whatever you give attention to is what is going to flourish, just like the Empress indicates. Good or bad, Constructive or destructive, what you think about and focus on is what is going to continue to build. Focus on the right things. This is a time to CREATE.
With a Mercury retrograde coming up, it’s not the time to launch new things. It’s the time to quietly and constructively work on the backend of things. Creating, writing, building, patiently waiting until the retrograde ends September 5th. We also have a Solar Eclipse this month on the 21st that is a Total Eclipse in the states. This can be a powerful time.
So to recap, this month shows there is going to be a flourish of activity going on. Things will be moving at a fast clip, however it is CRITICAL for you to slow down. With Mercury Retrograde soon starting, this will be a time for us to be focusing on CREATING, working on the back-end not outwardly doing. With two Eclipses coming up, particularly one in Air Sign Aquarius, we are all going to be feeling the energy. Try to keep your cool.
I’m Liza, professional Tarot reader, writer and mentor, and this is Tarot Liza. Everyday we're working to bring our mission of delivering more value and Tarot education to the Modern Reader to life! Welcome! Read more...
- The Shadow Self, what is it and where does it come from? How is it formed, and how do we heal it? Why do we have it in the first place? These are all questions that come up when we begin discussing the shadow. No discussion about the shadow is complete without a dive into mythology, as all things related to the shadow are naturally related to the Underworld. The Underworld is the…Read More »
- Autumn, and the Suit of Swords. It’s officially Autumn here in the Northern Hemisphere, also commonly known as Fall. The Sun has moved into the sign of Libra and we have reached the Autumnal Equinox. The moment in time when the balance of light and darkness briefly become equal, before beginning to tip the scales towards the darkness. The days become shorter, with the light slowly…Read More »
- Tricky cards come up in our tarot readings time and again. This post is going to cover 3 specific tricky card situations you will find yourself dealing with, and help you navigate each of them with ease. “Good cards”, “Bad cards”, and “Court cards”. Right about now you might be wondering “why are ‘good cards’ a problem?” The first thing I want to do is clarify that I don’t believe…Read More »
- Using and creating the right spreads is not as tricky or daunting as it sounds. As a matter of fact, by the time you reach the end of this post, I think you’ll be ready and excited to create your own! Let’s first talk about USING the right spread. There are A LOT of card spreads out there. In today’s digital world, one cruise through Pinterest or Instagram can put dozens of spreads at your fingertips within minutes! Yet…Read More »
- Tips for an accurate reading. We all want to give the best readings ever right? We want to be so spot-on with our insights, delivering genius answers that wow our querent and stuns them with our accuracy! We want every reading to be an EPIC reading, with the sitter saying "how did you KNOW that?!?" The last thing we want is to be staring at our laid out cards, a vague idea, knowing THIS card means this and THAT card means…Read More »
- A Yes/No Reading. When it comes to Tarot, the cards are deep, the imagery is rich and the symbolism is plentiful! A reading consisting of even just one card can yield such a depth of nuanced information. Yet there will be those readings, many times in your practice, when someone will ask you a specific question and will be looking for a one word answer. Just one word. Yes. Or No. Should you give yes/no readings?…Read More »