Tarot for the Modern Reader
July Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Page of Wands
The focus this month is on something new you are starting or undertaking. When the Page of Wands appears, he is ready to start on something new, something exciting, something you are passionate about! Pages are students, but in this incident, you are less likely to be learning in a classroom, as you are by following through on what sparks your passion! You could very likely be taking up a new hobby simply for the fun and excitement of it, but it is also likely you are taking up a new project that will help you move forward on an existing passion.
For example, you could be taking up scrapbooking or yoga, but you could also be taking part in some type of learning opportunity that will help you advance your current hobbies! If you crochet, maybe you signed up for a one night a week group get together to learn new techniques so that you can make more advanced pieces! This is an example of how you would combine the learning/student aspect of the page with what you are passionate about!
On a side note, whenever you are working with the Page of Wands, be open to listening for messages. Whether it is news from afar, or messages from your guides, the news is usually positive. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye on any fire sign children you may have for new developments with them.
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Six of Swords
This month, our obstacle relates to movement in one manner or another. First of all, it is summertime here in the northern hemisphere and July is VACATION month! This card indicates travel over water, and in this case, could see you taking a trip to the ocean or another destination (water likely), because you need to get away for a bit. I think there is the distinct possibility this month that while you have new projects that are taking off and requiring your attention, YOU are taking off on a trip and that can end up being quite a challenge in relation to getting things done.
The other possibility is that this new project or passion you have taken on is going to require you to leave some other things behind, and we know how difficult that can be if we are not yet READY to leave them behind. You need to be able to look at what is AHEAD of you, and not what you are leaving behind, what you will be GAINING by the new direction you are heading in and not what you are losing by the journey. This card indicates it is what you truly SHOULD be doing for your best interest!
Action and Advice to Heed This Month
So our advice this month comes from a reversed card. Huh? Yes, indeed. I have two words for you: Let Go. Things are going to quickly become disproportionate or out of balance this month. Given the cards above, it looks like we are going to have some great new things on our plate, but we are going to HAVE to let go of some old things as we transition and move forward to a place where we can work on these new things, or integrate them into our life. Temperance is about keeping things in balance, all things in moderation.
This indicates that one area of our life is taking up way more time and energy then another. It could be that you have so much work to do, that you don’t have TIME for your family, or for that new hobby you picked up! If it is something that is to benefit you, you are going to HAVE to delegate out some other things. Temperance reversed can see us being micromanagers. We need to let go and delegate.
Alternatively, we could also find ourselves out of balance as we struggle to catch up after the vacation we took! Now we DEFINITELY need to move some things off of our plate! You see the theme here of letting go? Now, aside from being the message of the 6 of swords as our obstacle, it is also the message of Death, the card that precedes Temperance. When a card is reversed, we can revert to the upright card before, to figure out what we need to do to move forward again.
So to recap, this month sees you taking on some new and exciting projects, hobbies, or passions with the intent to learn something new! Travel or vacation may cause some delays or setbacks, or you may be having trouble seeing the benefit of leaving behind what is no longer working to make room for these new things. However, your goal this month is to stop micromanaging everything and trying to do it all, delegate what others can do, and completely drop and let go of what is unnecessary to take with you moving forward so that you can get back into balance.
- QUIZ: Which Tarot Queen Are You RIGHT NOW? Different seasons of life bring out our different predominant Queens. Connect more deeply with your current Queen. Which one are you embodying most right NOW? Take this super fun, SCARY ACCURATE quiz and find out! Warning, it may not be the Queen you have always considered as your …Read More »
- It’s officially Spring! The Sun has moved into the sign of Aries and we have finally reached the Vernal Equinox after another long, dreary and cold winter. Things are looking up. The grass grows greener, the air is warmer and there is usually a general feeling of optimism. The days and nights are equal in length as we finally crest …Read More »
- Typically, Court Cards are some of the most difficult cards for many readers to understand and interpret, and rightfully so! Why? I think because there are so many and they can be similar. It’s not hard for us to distinguish the Sun card from the Tower is it? Yet when we have 16 cards that fall into a 4x4 matrix, …Read More »
- With 78 cards and meanings, how many times as a newer reader, have you tried, and found it daunting, almost impossible, to memorize EVERY meaning for EVERY card? To a point where it’s difficult to give readings for other people? Even though you WANT to practice your reading skills, maybe on family or friends, you don’t want to have …Read More »
- So you Want to be a Tarot Card Reader So you want to do a Tarot card reading, but you’ve never picked up a deck of cards before ‘eh? This post is a How-To on getting started with the cards. Literally a step-by-step for your first reading, beautiful soul! Now even if you’ve already done a few readings, keep reading …Read More »
- Current Overview of the Month 5 of Cups Reversed I don’t know if I should feel disappointed I’m looking at this card, or just happy it’s reversed! The truth is, the outlook, the energy, our environment, it’s all happening around us whether we choose to acknowledge it or not. Knowing what it is can help us make the best of …Read More »