Tarot for the Modern Reader
July Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Page of Wands
The focus this month is on something new you are starting or undertaking. When the Page of Wands appears, he is ready to start on something new, something exciting, something you are passionate about! Pages are students, but in this incident, you are less likely to be learning in a classroom, as you are by following through on what sparks your passion! You could very likely be taking up a new hobby simply for the fun and excitement of it, but it is also likely you are taking up a new project that will help you move forward on an existing passion.
For example, you could be taking up scrapbooking or yoga, but you could also be taking part in some type of learning opportunity that will help you advance your current hobbies! If you crochet, maybe you signed up for a one night a week group get together to learn new techniques so that you can make more advanced pieces! This is an example of how you would combine the learning/student aspect of the page with what you are passionate about!
On a side note, whenever you are working with the Page of Wands, be open to listening for messages. Whether it is news from afar, or messages from your guides, the news is usually positive. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye on any fire sign children you may have for new developments with them.
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Six of Swords
This month, our obstacle relates to movement in one manner or another. First of all, it is summertime here in the northern hemisphere and July is VACATION month! This card indicates travel over water, and in this case, could see you taking a trip to the ocean or another destination (water likely), because you need to get away for a bit. I think there is the distinct possibility this month that while you have new projects that are taking off and requiring your attention, YOU are taking off on a trip and that can end up being quite a challenge in relation to getting things done.
The other possibility is that this new project or passion you have taken on is going to require you to leave some other things behind, and we know how difficult that can be if we are not yet READY to leave them behind. You need to be able to look at what is AHEAD of you, and not what you are leaving behind, what you will be GAINING by the new direction you are heading in and not what you are losing by the journey. This card indicates it is what you truly SHOULD be doing for your best interest!
Action and Advice to Heed This Month
So our advice this month comes from a reversed card. Huh? Yes, indeed. I have two words for you: Let Go. Things are going to quickly become disproportionate or out of balance this month. Given the cards above, it looks like we are going to have some great new things on our plate, but we are going to HAVE to let go of some old things as we transition and move forward to a place where we can work on these new things, or integrate them into our life. Temperance is about keeping things in balance, all things in moderation.
This indicates that one area of our life is taking up way more time and energy then another. It could be that you have so much work to do, that you don’t have TIME for your family, or for that new hobby you picked up! If it is something that is to benefit you, you are going to HAVE to delegate out some other things. Temperance reversed can see us being micromanagers. We need to let go and delegate.
Alternatively, we could also find ourselves out of balance as we struggle to catch up after the vacation we took! Now we DEFINITELY need to move some things off of our plate! You see the theme here of letting go? Now, aside from being the message of the 6 of swords as our obstacle, it is also the message of Death, the card that precedes Temperance. When a card is reversed, we can revert to the upright card before, to figure out what we need to do to move forward again.
So to recap, this month sees you taking on some new and exciting projects, hobbies, or passions with the intent to learn something new! Travel or vacation may cause some delays or setbacks, or you may be having trouble seeing the benefit of leaving behind what is no longer working to make room for these new things. However, your goal this month is to stop micromanaging everything and trying to do it all, delegate what others can do, and completely drop and let go of what is unnecessary to take with you moving forward so that you can get back into balance.
I’m Liza, professional Tarot reader, writer and mentor, and this is Tarot Liza. Everyday we're working to bring our mission of delivering more value and Tarot education to the Modern Reader to life! Welcome! Read more...
- Tips for an accurate reading. We all want to give the best readings ever right? We want to be so spot-on with our insights, delivering genius answers that wow our querent and stuns them with our accuracy! We want every reading to be an EPIC reading, with the sitter saying "how did you KNOW that?!?" The last thing we want is to be staring at our laid out cards, a vague idea, knowing THIS card means this and THAT card means…Read More »
- A Yes/No Reading. When it comes to Tarot, the cards are deep, the imagery is rich and the symbolism is plentiful! A reading consisting of even just one card can yield such a depth of nuanced information. Yet there will be those readings, many times in your practice, when someone will ask you a specific question and will be looking for a one word answer. Just one word. Yes. Or No. Should you give yes/no readings?…Read More »
- Free readings. Should you give them as a tarot reader? There is no right or wrong answer, and there is a place for everything both in business but also as a newer reader as well. There are times when readers will give a free tarot reading, and there are times when it might be better not to give a free tarot reading. Let’s explore these and see what’s right for you! Just to note, most readings are never truly “free”. In almost every case, you are hopefully getting…Read More »
- What kind of reader are you tarotista? Are you reading for prediction, or are you reading for empowerment? Or do you read for both? Everyone has an Opinion When it Comes to Reading for Prediction vs. Empowerment. Some people will claim that Tarot is fortune-telling, and only fortune-telling. That reading Tarot is all about reading for predictions. Others will take a serious tone and tell you that the real…Read More »
- Jupiter Uranus and Tarot- Oh My! What could be more interesting than a combination like that? How about we add in a full moon in Aquarius too! This week we have some major activity happening in our cosmos. With Tarot, we can learn how to make the most of the amazing aspects coming out way, and also learn how to navigate the tricky ones! Last week the Trio of Spreads for August was super popular. Therefore, we are…Read More »
- So today, I'm going to share with you some of those beyond-the-norm cosmic events in August that are worth noting, and as a result, I've created a tarot spread for each of them for you to try if you feel called to! Although we are halfway though Leo season, and a week past the New Moon in Leo, I still find this so relevant and worth working through. If you haven't yet done a tarot spread for yourself for this August…Read More »