Tarot for the Modern Reader
June Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Three of Pentacles
What a lovely card! I love the Three of Pentacles. This is a card of discipline and hard work. Now don’t let that scare you off! This is work that you ENJOY doing. Now I know what you are thinking, “but Liza its JUNE! I’m supposed to be heading into summer relaxation time!” (Well if you are in the Northern Hemisphere anyway!) But not so, my friend. June is indeed an easy-going month for all of us astrologically speaking (just a little insider tip ;)) but that doesn’t mean it’s going to be all sittin’ pool-side sippin’ margaritas…not yet.
I once heard the phrase “work at the highest level” applied to this card, meaning work that you LOVE to do, work that is meaningful to you, work that is your calling. It resonated with me so deeply that is has become a core meaning for me and makes me feel great when I see this card! What are you working on that makes your heart sing? What would you love to do if you could do anything? This may be your call to action.
The Three of Pentacles however also speaks of teamwork, discipline, systems and structure. On a more practical level, this card is letting you know that this not a month to go it alone, or do things willy-nilly. In order to make forward progress on your work, your plans, your dreams, you must get the proper systems in place. This means calling in the help you need, the proper team to support you. Do what you are good at, and delegate what someone else is good at that you are not. Don’t be afraid to ask for help! Make yourself a carefully crafted plan or checklist you can follow. Systems, systems, systems!
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Knight of Pentacles
I touched on it briefly above, boredom and a desire to not be bogged down by the hard work and details will be your enemy this month. Resist! The Knight of Pentacles has so many good qualities of hard work, going over the details with a fine toothed comb, and putting in the hard yards. But this month, he is our obstacle, or challenge, meaning those very same qualities will be working against us.
It could even be that you get TOO bogged down in the details, failing to make progress because you are SLOOOOOWLY letting time pass by as you mull over decision after decision, detail after detail, plan after plan, and suddenly what do you know, June is gone, and you haven’t really accomplished anything. Don’t allow this to happen.
As a Court Card, there is the possibility that this would be an actual person standing in our way of making progress. Someone steadfast and practical, maybe trying to make sure that you are focused on the things you are SUPPOSED to be doing and how you are supposed to be doing them, but in relation to card one, I think this person most likely is going to be ourselves, in the ways described above.
Action and Advice to Heed this Month
Queen of Swords
So our advice for this month is to take swift definitive action. This Queen is no-nonsense, and nor should you be. She is the ruler of the Air signs, and I’d like to point out that right now we are in the sign of Gemini, which she rules, so this is a nod to the fact that communications are highly favored right now! Is there someone that you need to clear the air with? Are there agreements you need to make with others, contracts? This would be a fine time to do so. She is an advocate of speaking your mind clearly and concisely and doing whatever needs to be done, so long as it is done in fairness.
If you have any kind of writing project going on, this is definitely the month to crank out the copy! Write, write, write your little hearts out my friends! When paired with our above examples, again the message is to focus on what you should be working on this month and go after it. Don’t get lazy or sidetracked. Stay the course. Many times Queens indicate a source of support. There may be a woman who plays a crucial role in your current situation or activities this month that you can go to for assistance. Do not be afraid to do so, she is there to help.
Have a wonderful PRODUCTIVE month! By the month’s end, you will be so proud of what you have accomplished! Then we can spend all of July working on our tans or sippin’ those margaritas knowing we have earned the well-deserved break!
- QUIZ: Which Tarot Queen Are You RIGHT NOW? Different seasons of life bring out our different predominant Queens. Connect more deeply with your current Queen. Which one are you embodying most right NOW? Take this super fun, SCARY ACCURATE quiz and find out! Warning, it may not be the Queen you have always considered as your …Read More »
- It’s officially Spring! The Sun has moved into the sign of Aries and we have finally reached the Vernal Equinox after another long, dreary and cold winter. Things are looking up. The grass grows greener, the air is warmer and there is usually a general feeling of optimism. The days and nights are equal in length as we finally crest …Read More »
- Typically, Court Cards are some of the most difficult cards for many readers to understand and interpret, and rightfully so! Why? I think because there are so many and they can be similar. It’s not hard for us to distinguish the Sun card from the Tower is it? Yet when we have 16 cards that fall into a 4x4 matrix, …Read More »
- With 78 cards and meanings, how many times as a newer reader, have you tried, and found it daunting, almost impossible, to memorize EVERY meaning for EVERY card? To a point where it’s difficult to give readings for other people? Even though you WANT to practice your reading skills, maybe on family or friends, you don’t want to have …Read More »
- So you Want to be a Tarot Card Reader So you want to do a Tarot card reading, but you’ve never picked up a deck of cards before ‘eh? This post is a How-To on getting started with the cards. Literally a step-by-step for your first reading, beautiful soul! Now even if you’ve already done a few readings, keep reading …Read More »
- Current Overview of the Month 5 of Cups Reversed I don’t know if I should feel disappointed I’m looking at this card, or just happy it’s reversed! The truth is, the outlook, the energy, our environment, it’s all happening around us whether we choose to acknowledge it or not. Knowing what it is can help us make the best of …Read More »