Tarot for the Modern Reader
October Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Well, we just got the same card as last month for the Overview. That’s certainly against the odds isn’t it? Two months in a row, the same card out of 156 options. Hhmm. We have also officially entered Libra season, as associated with this card. It could indicate that the month may be challenging regarding keeping things balanced. We might still be working on fairness and partnership, especially with a FULL MOON in Aries on Oct.5th basically shouting “Me! Me! Me!”. Keep at it.
When the Justice card comes up reversed, I always get the sense that Justice will not be served. It’s never really an indication of whether or not things will go our way, it’s more a feeling that they won’t, when they should, or they will, when we know inside, they really shouldn’t. Be careful where you find yourself on this issue.
We can feel that things have turned out unfairly or that we were cheated in some way. But this card can also indicate when things are out of balance. We have a lot going on and are having a hard time getting it all done, or all worked out. It’s also representative of the air sign, Libra, and since we are now well into Libra season, it could simply be letting us know we have some challenges. There are a few powerful astrology aspects going on this month.
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Ten of Swords
I think in many ways, we are going to feel like it’s over before we even get started, like we’re cooked. Time to give up, surrender, throw in the towel! Why bother anyway! As this card shows, we are definitely dealing with rock bottom on some things. But of course coming out of this Pluto transit, we know there are things that we are being forced to let go of and deal with, if we didn’t work on it during the retrograde process. Pluto brings purging. And while it can be ever-so-painful in the moment, it is cathartic, cleansing and purifying as well. Truly transformative. So think about what you need to acknowledge as truly over and purge from your life.
Action and Advice to Heed This Month
Eight of Cups Reversed
This tells us that we still have options left. That it is not time to walk away completely. There may be things that you need to address, redo or re-structure, but in the reversed Eight of Cups, the message is that it is not time to give up and walk away. There is still work to do. I personally find this card to have an element of Hope to it. It tells us that our situation still has life left in it. Your next task is to determine what it is you TRULY want so that you can hone in on that. Once you know, you may then decide to move on after all, if it’s not what you currently have. But until you know, you don’t really know where you are going anyway. Don’t decide or judge options by your rational mind. You are being called to use your heart and go with your gut.
Final note….I think we are going to feel like we are getting screwed over and our goose is cooked. We could possibly feel dejected and beaten. But we are not. Stay the course. Time to drop the dead weight and focus on what we really truly want. Go get ‘em!
I’m Liza, professional Tarot reader, writer and mentor, and this is Tarot Liza. Everyday we're working to bring our mission of delivering more value and Tarot education to the Modern Reader to life! Welcome! Read more...
- The Shadow Self, what is it and where does it come from? How is it formed, and how do we heal it? Why do we have it in the first place? These are all questions that come up when we begin discussing the shadow. No discussion about the shadow is complete without a dive into mythology, as all things related to the shadow are naturally related to the Underworld. The Underworld is the…Read More »
- Autumn, and the Suit of Swords. It’s officially Autumn here in the Northern Hemisphere, also commonly known as Fall. The Sun has moved into the sign of Libra and we have reached the Autumnal Equinox. The moment in time when the balance of light and darkness briefly become equal, before beginning to tip the scales towards the darkness. The days become shorter, with the light slowly…Read More »
- Tricky cards come up in our tarot readings time and again. This post is going to cover 3 specific tricky card situations you will find yourself dealing with, and help you navigate each of them with ease. “Good cards”, “Bad cards”, and “Court cards”. Right about now you might be wondering “why are ‘good cards’ a problem?” The first thing I want to do is clarify that I don’t believe…Read More »
- Using and creating the right spreads is not as tricky or daunting as it sounds. As a matter of fact, by the time you reach the end of this post, I think you’ll be ready and excited to create your own! Let’s first talk about USING the right spread. There are A LOT of card spreads out there. In today’s digital world, one cruise through Pinterest or Instagram can put dozens of spreads at your fingertips within minutes! Yet…Read More »
- Tips for an accurate reading. We all want to give the best readings ever right? We want to be so spot-on with our insights, delivering genius answers that wow our querent and stuns them with our accuracy! We want every reading to be an EPIC reading, with the sitter saying "how did you KNOW that?!?" The last thing we want is to be staring at our laid out cards, a vague idea, knowing THIS card means this and THAT card means…Read More »
- A Yes/No Reading. When it comes to Tarot, the cards are deep, the imagery is rich and the symbolism is plentiful! A reading consisting of even just one card can yield such a depth of nuanced information. Yet there will be those readings, many times in your practice, when someone will ask you a specific question and will be looking for a one word answer. Just one word. Yes. Or No. Should you give yes/no readings?…Read More »