Tarot for the Modern Reader
September Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Well, I can’t say it’s the most PROMISING outlook I’ve ever seen, but we can deal, right? When the Justice card comes up reversed, I always get the sense that Justice will not be served. It’s never really a indication of where or not things will go our way, it’s more a feeling that they won’t, when they should, or they will, when we know inside, they really shouldn’t. Be careful where you find yourself on this issue.
We can feel that things have turned out unfairly or that we were cheated in some way. But this card can also indicate when things are out of balance. We have a lot going on and are having a hard time getting it all done, or all worked out. It’s also representative of the air sign, Libra, and since we will be approaching Libra season at the end of September, could be an indication that things could get a little challenging for us at that time.
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Queen of Wands
Who is the Queen of Wands in your life? She is our obstacle this month. Is she a friend or foe? Is she you? Are you your own worst enemy or biggest challenge this month? Are you standing in your own way on something? Maybe you are too prideful for your own good on a particular situation? Alternatively, she could be someone close to you, a mother, sister or friend that has a hand in the situation. Queens are normally the helpers, the women who assist us, especially when upright, she is your cheerleader.
But this card is in the Obstacle or challenge position. She may be withholding help “for your own good” as a way of helping you, OR it could be that she is simply someone that is simply a direct block, standing in the way of what you are trying to do. Do you recognize her?
Action and Advice to Heed This Month
Nine of Swords Reversed
Our action to take this month, or advice, comes from the Nine of Swords. Now I’m one of those people that believes every card turns up for a reason, so if the Universe believes this is what’s best, I don’t question it! So let’s attempt to understand what the Nine of Swords has to offer us.
In this card, I think the message is that we need to open our eyes to what is going on around us, take responsibility for what is ours, and also be able to discern what is real, and what isn’t. This card shows someone so upset, overcome by nightmares and even becoming depressed, but we also know that much of what we are upset about, is perceived and may not be 100% real. Just like when we move back into the upright 8 of swords, we know that it is only through ourselves, that we can be free. That we are holding ourselves back.
So I ask you, where are you feeling worried and anxious, and what can you do about it? IF you take a few calming deep breaths, can you look at the situation a little more objectively and make some clearer observations? Do you see some actions you could take that could help solve this month’s imbalances and take some of the stress and pressure off?
Final note….We have two reversed Swords cards, with an upright Wands Court Card sandwiched in between. Maybe the Queen represents you and your normally sunny outlook, but you are feeling squeezed by the pressure on either side! Swords are rarely fun, but try to stay objective and rational, and you may be able to come out on top!
- QUIZ: Which Tarot Queen Are You RIGHT NOW? Different seasons of life bring out our different predominant Queens. Connect more deeply with your current Queen. Which one are you embodying most right NOW? Take this super fun, SCARY ACCURATE quiz and find out! Warning, it may not be the Queen you have always considered as your …Read More »
- It’s officially Spring! The Sun has moved into the sign of Aries and we have finally reached the Vernal Equinox after another long, dreary and cold winter. Things are looking up. The grass grows greener, the air is warmer and there is usually a general feeling of optimism. The days and nights are equal in length as we finally crest …Read More »
- Typically, Court Cards are some of the most difficult cards for many readers to understand and interpret, and rightfully so! Why? I think because there are so many and they can be similar. It’s not hard for us to distinguish the Sun card from the Tower is it? Yet when we have 16 cards that fall into a 4x4 matrix, …Read More »
- With 78 cards and meanings, how many times as a newer reader, have you tried, and found it daunting, almost impossible, to memorize EVERY meaning for EVERY card? To a point where it’s difficult to give readings for other people? Even though you WANT to practice your reading skills, maybe on family or friends, you don’t want to have …Read More »
- So you Want to be a Tarot Card Reader So you want to do a Tarot card reading, but you’ve never picked up a deck of cards before ‘eh? This post is a How-To on getting started with the cards. Literally a step-by-step for your first reading, beautiful soul! Now even if you’ve already done a few readings, keep reading …Read More »
- Current Overview of the Month 5 of Cups Reversed I don’t know if I should feel disappointed I’m looking at this card, or just happy it’s reversed! The truth is, the outlook, the energy, our environment, it’s all happening around us whether we choose to acknowledge it or not. Knowing what it is can help us make the best of …Read More »