Tarot for the Modern Reader
September Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Well, I can’t say it’s the most PROMISING outlook I’ve ever seen, but we can deal, right? When the Justice card comes up reversed, I always get the sense that Justice will not be served. It’s never really a indication of where or not things will go our way, it’s more a feeling that they won’t, when they should, or they will, when we know inside, they really shouldn’t. Be careful where you find yourself on this issue.
We can feel that things have turned out unfairly or that we were cheated in some way. But this card can also indicate when things are out of balance. We have a lot going on and are having a hard time getting it all done, or all worked out. It’s also representative of the air sign, Libra, and since we will be approaching Libra season at the end of September, could be an indication that things could get a little challenging for us at that time.
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Queen of Wands
Who is the Queen of Wands in your life? She is our obstacle this month. Is she a friend or foe? Is she you? Are you your own worst enemy or biggest challenge this month? Are you standing in your own way on something? Maybe you are too prideful for your own good on a particular situation? Alternatively, she could be someone close to you, a mother, sister or friend that has a hand in the situation. Queens are normally the helpers, the women who assist us, especially when upright, she is your cheerleader.
But this card is in the Obstacle or challenge position. She may be withholding help “for your own good” as a way of helping you, OR it could be that she is simply someone that is simply a direct block, standing in the way of what you are trying to do. Do you recognize her?
Action and Advice to Heed This Month
Nine of Swords Reversed
Our action to take this month, or advice, comes from the Nine of Swords. Now I’m one of those people that believes every card turns up for a reason, so if the Universe believes this is what’s best, I don’t question it! So let’s attempt to understand what the Nine of Swords has to offer us.
In this card, I think the message is that we need to open our eyes to what is going on around us, take responsibility for what is ours, and also be able to discern what is real, and what isn’t. This card shows someone so upset, overcome by nightmares and even becoming depressed, but we also know that much of what we are upset about, is perceived and may not be 100% real. Just like when we move back into the upright 8 of swords, we know that it is only through ourselves, that we can be free. That we are holding ourselves back.
So I ask you, where are you feeling worried and anxious, and what can you do about it? IF you take a few calming deep breaths, can you look at the situation a little more objectively and make some clearer observations? Do you see some actions you could take that could help solve this month’s imbalances and take some of the stress and pressure off?
Final note….We have two reversed Swords cards, with an upright Wands Court Card sandwiched in between. Maybe the Queen represents you and your normally sunny outlook, but you are feeling squeezed by the pressure on either side! Swords are rarely fun, but try to stay objective and rational, and you may be able to come out on top!
I’m Liza, professional Tarot reader, writer and mentor, and this is Tarot Liza. Everyday we're working to bring our mission of delivering more value and Tarot education to the Modern Reader to life! Welcome! Read more...
- The Shadow Self, what is it and where does it come from? How is it formed, and how do we heal it? Why do we have it in the first place? These are all questions that come up when we begin discussing the shadow. No discussion about the shadow is complete without a dive into mythology, as all things related to the shadow are naturally related to the Underworld. The Underworld is the…Read More »
- Autumn, and the Suit of Swords. It’s officially Autumn here in the Northern Hemisphere, also commonly known as Fall. The Sun has moved into the sign of Libra and we have reached the Autumnal Equinox. The moment in time when the balance of light and darkness briefly become equal, before beginning to tip the scales towards the darkness. The days become shorter, with the light slowly…Read More »
- Tricky cards come up in our tarot readings time and again. This post is going to cover 3 specific tricky card situations you will find yourself dealing with, and help you navigate each of them with ease. “Good cards”, “Bad cards”, and “Court cards”. Right about now you might be wondering “why are ‘good cards’ a problem?” The first thing I want to do is clarify that I don’t believe…Read More »
- Using and creating the right spreads is not as tricky or daunting as it sounds. As a matter of fact, by the time you reach the end of this post, I think you’ll be ready and excited to create your own! Let’s first talk about USING the right spread. There are A LOT of card spreads out there. In today’s digital world, one cruise through Pinterest or Instagram can put dozens of spreads at your fingertips within minutes! Yet…Read More »
- Tips for an accurate reading. We all want to give the best readings ever right? We want to be so spot-on with our insights, delivering genius answers that wow our querent and stuns them with our accuracy! We want every reading to be an EPIC reading, with the sitter saying "how did you KNOW that?!?" The last thing we want is to be staring at our laid out cards, a vague idea, knowing THIS card means this and THAT card means…Read More »
- A Yes/No Reading. When it comes to Tarot, the cards are deep, the imagery is rich and the symbolism is plentiful! A reading consisting of even just one card can yield such a depth of nuanced information. Yet there will be those readings, many times in your practice, when someone will ask you a specific question and will be looking for a one word answer. Just one word. Yes. Or No. Should you give yes/no readings?…Read More »