Tarot for the Modern Reader
July Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Page of Wands
The focus this month is on something new you are starting or undertaking. When the Page of Wands appears, he is ready to start on something new, something exciting, something you are passionate about! Pages are students, but in this incident, you are less likely to be learning in a classroom, as you are by following through on what sparks your passion! You could very likely be taking up a new hobby simply for the fun and excitement of it, but it is also likely you are taking up a new project that will help you move forward on an existing passion.
For example, you could be taking up scrapbooking or yoga, but you could also be taking part in some type of learning opportunity that will help you advance your current hobbies! If you crochet, maybe you signed up for a one night a week group get together to learn new techniques so that you can make more advanced pieces! This is an example of how you would combine the learning/student aspect of the page with what you are passionate about!
On a side note, whenever you are working with the Page of Wands, be open to listening for messages. Whether it is news from afar, or messages from your guides, the news is usually positive. It's also a good idea to keep an eye on any fire sign children you may have for new developments with them.
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Six of Swords
This month, our obstacle relates to movement in one manner or another. First of all, it is summertime here in the northern hemisphere and July is VACATION month! This card indicates travel over water, and in this case, could see you taking a trip to the ocean or another destination (water likely), because you need to get away for a bit. I think there is the distinct possibility this month that while you have new projects that are taking off and requiring your attention, YOU are taking off on a trip and that can end up being quite a challenge in relation to getting things done.
The other possibility is that this new project or passion you have taken on is going to require you to leave some other things behind, and we know how difficult that can be if we are not yet READY to leave them behind. You need to be able to look at what is AHEAD of you, and not what you are leaving behind, what you will be GAINING by the new direction you are heading in and not what you are losing by the journey. This card indicates it is what you truly SHOULD be doing for your best interest!
Action and Advice to Heed This Month
So our advice this month comes from a reversed card. Huh? Yes, indeed. I have two words for you: Let Go. Things are going to quickly become disproportionate or out of balance this month. Given the cards above, it looks like we are going to have some great new things on our plate, but we are going to HAVE to let go of some old things as we transition and move forward to a place where we can work on these new things, or integrate them into our life. Temperance is about keeping things in balance, all things in moderation.
This indicates that one area of our life is taking up way more time and energy then another. It could be that you have so much work to do, that you don't have TIME for your family, or for that new hobby you picked up! If it is something that is to benefit you, you are going to HAVE to delegate out some other things. Temperance reversed can see us being micromanagers. We need to let go and delegate.
Alternatively, we could also find ourselves out of balance as we struggle to catch up after the vacation we took! Now we DEFINITELY need to move some things off of our plate! You see the theme here of letting go? Now, aside from being the message of the 6 of swords as our obstacle, it is also the message of Death, the card that precedes Temperance. When a card is reversed, we can revert to the upright card before, to figure out what we need to do to move forward again.
So to recap, this month sees you taking on some new and exciting projects, hobbies, or passions with the intent to learn something new! Travel or vacation may cause some delays or setbacks, or you may be having trouble seeing the benefit of leaving behind what is no longer working to make room for these new things. However, your goal this month is to stop micromanaging everything and trying to do it all, delegate what others can do, and completely drop and let go of what is unnecessary to take with you moving forward so that you can get back into balance.
I'm Liza, professional Tarot reader, writer and mentor, and this is Tarot Liza. Everyday we're working to bring our mission of delivering more value and Tarot education to the Modern Reader to life! Welcome! Read more...
- Winter truly is a time of pulling inward. It's a period of contraction. Winter is where we create the space for the amazing seeds we are soon going to plant. This is our period of DEEP REST. I find Capricorn season to represent the true stillness, contraction, and deep rest that winter brings. And knowing these things can help us plan out our time, our projects, and allow us to give ourselves permission to rest. Rest is...Read More »
- Winter is supposed to be about rest but Sagittarius and it’s ruling planet Jupiter are all about luck and expansion- so how do we best thrive in this season? Join me in this week’s episode to learn how to take advantage of this very auspicious energy right now, including our Sagittarius new moon falling on the 12/12 portal, at which time we also entered the 3rd decan of Sagg, a day before Mercury Retrograde begins- whew!...Read More »
- We’re now in the window of the true Samhain portal. Tune in to this week’s episode and pickup the ritual I left out of last week’s episode (oops!), as well as why you might want to do these rituals again (or for the first time), this week! But hurry- the portal won’t be open long. I also share a few announcements for the podcast for the coming month!...Read More »
- Halloween and rituals go hand in hand. Although we have turned Halloween into a night of spooky fun, complete with costumes and candy for children, it is really a special night to honor those who are no longer with us, and based on the much older pagan sabbat of Samhain. It's a great time to communicate with those who have passed over, or any of our spirit guides, as the veil is much thinner not only during Scorpio season in...Read More »
- Death, rebirth and letting go, these are the themes that let us know that Scorpio season has arrived! This is the time of year that we are prime to look into the deepest darkest corners and excavate the things that are no longer serving us. The things that are holding us back. Things that have long outlived their usefulness. Some of these things go all the way back to our childhood, and some are just outdated and outworn patterns of...Read More »
- The Shadow Self, what is it and where does it come from? How is it formed, and how do we heal it? Why do we have it in the first place? These are all questions that come up when we begin discussing the shadow. No discussion about the shadow is complete without a dive into mythology, as all things related to the shadow are naturally related to the Underworld, which is the domain of Pluto (who in the Tarot, rules the...Read More »