Tarot for the Modern Reader
June Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Three of Pentacles
What a lovely card! I love the Three of Pentacles. This is a card of discipline and hard work. Now don't let that scare you off! This is work that you ENJOY doing. Now I know what you are thinking, "but Liza its JUNE! I'm supposed to be heading into summer relaxation time!" (Well if you are in the Northern Hemisphere anyway!) But not so, my friend. June is indeed an easy-going month for all of us astrologically speaking (just a little insider tip ;)) but that doesn't mean it's going to be all sittin' pool-side sippin' margaritas…not yet.
I once heard the phrase "work at the highest level" applied to this card, meaning work that you LOVE to do, work that is meaningful to you, work that is your calling. It resonated with me so deeply that is has become a core meaning for me and makes me feel great when I see this card! What are you working on that makes your heart sing? What would you love to do if you could do anything? This may be your call to action.
The Three of Pentacles however also speaks of teamwork, discipline, systems and structure. On a more practical level, this card is letting you know that this not a month to go it alone, or do things willy-nilly. In order to make forward progress on your work, your plans, your dreams, you must get the proper systems in place. This means calling in the help you need, the proper team to support you. Do what you are good at, and delegate what someone else is good at that you are not. Don't be afraid to ask for help! Make yourself a carefully crafted plan or checklist you can follow. Systems, systems, systems!
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Knight of Pentacles
I touched on it briefly above, boredom and a desire to not be bogged down by the hard work and details will be your enemy this month. Resist! The Knight of Pentacles has so many good qualities of hard work, going over the details with a fine toothed comb, and putting in the hard yards. But this month, he is our obstacle, or challenge, meaning those very same qualities will be working against us.
It could even be that you get TOO bogged down in the details, failing to make progress because you are SLOOOOOWLY letting time pass by as you mull over decision after decision, detail after detail, plan after plan, and suddenly what do you know, June is gone, and you haven't really accomplished anything. Don't allow this to happen.
As a Court Card, there is the possibility that this would be an actual person standing in our way of making progress. Someone steadfast and practical, maybe trying to make sure that you are focused on the things you are SUPPOSED to be doing and how you are supposed to be doing them, but in relation to card one, I think this person most likely is going to be ourselves, in the ways described above.
Action and Advice to Heed this Month
Queen of Swords
So our advice for this month is to take swift definitive action. This Queen is no-nonsense, and nor should you be. She is the ruler of the Air signs, and I'd like to point out that right now we are in the sign of Gemini, which she rules, so this is a nod to the fact that communications are highly favored right now! Is there someone that you need to clear the air with? Are there agreements you need to make with others, contracts? This would be a fine time to do so. She is an advocate of speaking your mind clearly and concisely and doing whatever needs to be done, so long as it is done in fairness.
If you have any kind of writing project going on, this is definitely the month to crank out the copy! Write, write, write your little hearts out my friends! When paired with our above examples, again the message is to focus on what you should be working on this month and go after it. Don't get lazy or sidetracked. Stay the course. Many times Queens indicate a source of support. There may be a woman who plays a crucial role in your current situation or activities this month that you can go to for assistance. Do not be afraid to do so, she is there to help.
Have a wonderful PRODUCTIVE month! By the month's end, you will be so proud of what you have accomplished! Then we can spend all of July working on our tans or sippin' those margaritas knowing we have earned the well-deserved break!
I'm Liza, professional Tarot reader, writer and mentor, and this is Tarot Liza. Everyday we're working to bring our mission of delivering more value and Tarot education to the Modern Reader to life! Welcome! Read more...
- Have you ever gotten a reversed court card? What do you do when you receive a Court Card in a reading, but it is in reverse? Assuming you read reversals, then this post is for you. I read a reversed court card a couple of ways. First and foremost, if it represents someone else, I often see this as a negative expression of the qualities of the person. I…Read More »
- Astrology is a big part of the Tarot, particularly the Major Arcana. Metaphysical disciplines don't exist in a vacuum. Each is related to, and intertwined with many other disciplines. In today's post I want to share with you a little about how astrology and tarot can work together, and specifically, the Major Arcana. We'll discuss the minors in another post-…Read More »
- Did you know there are astrological symbols hiding in plain sight in the tarot? Each card in the Tarot is associated with a corresponding astrological sign, planet, or both. This likely isn;'t a sur[prise to you, afterall, metaphysical disciplines rarely exist in a vacuum. As a matter of fact, with a slower, second look, we can see evidence of…Read More »
- What does self-care look like in the tarot? Well for starters, we have to talk about self-love. We have to have that in order to really be able to prioritize our self care. You might even be wondering why it's so important to prioritize ourself and our own care in the first place. Read tarot for others long enough, and you'll quickly notice that the…Read More »
- What are the top 20 cards for relationships in the tarot? This is the question that everyone wants to know. Why? Well as nature would have it, we are actually predictable creatures by nature. Although we have many different hobbies and personalities and differences between us, the one thing that is most common among all of us is the desire…Read More »
- The King of Wands is the secret to your special gifts and passions that you have to share. This article is written to accompany our 5 Day Inner Emperor Challenge! If you're reading this within the week it goes live, feel free to join us for the live challenge! This is what we are discussed on Day 1, and the remaining 4 days will resemble the content…Read More »