Tarot for the Modern Reader
June Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Three of Pentacles
What a lovely card! I love the Three of Pentacles. This is a card of discipline and hard work. Now don't let that scare you off! This is work that you ENJOY doing. Now I know what you are thinking, "but Liza its JUNE! I'm supposed to be heading into summer relaxation time!" (Well if you are in the Northern Hemisphere anyway!) But not so, my friend. June is indeed an easy-going month for all of us astrologically speaking (just a little insider tip ;)) but that doesn't mean it's going to be all sittin' pool-side sippin' margaritas…not yet.
I once heard the phrase "work at the highest level" applied to this card, meaning work that you LOVE to do, work that is meaningful to you, work that is your calling. It resonated with me so deeply that is has become a core meaning for me and makes me feel great when I see this card! What are you working on that makes your heart sing? What would you love to do if you could do anything? This may be your call to action.
The Three of Pentacles however also speaks of teamwork, discipline, systems and structure. On a more practical level, this card is letting you know that this not a month to go it alone, or do things willy-nilly. In order to make forward progress on your work, your plans, your dreams, you must get the proper systems in place. This means calling in the help you need, the proper team to support you. Do what you are good at, and delegate what someone else is good at that you are not. Don't be afraid to ask for help! Make yourself a carefully crafted plan or checklist you can follow. Systems, systems, systems!
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Knight of Pentacles
I touched on it briefly above, boredom and a desire to not be bogged down by the hard work and details will be your enemy this month. Resist! The Knight of Pentacles has so many good qualities of hard work, going over the details with a fine toothed comb, and putting in the hard yards. But this month, he is our obstacle, or challenge, meaning those very same qualities will be working against us.
It could even be that you get TOO bogged down in the details, failing to make progress because you are SLOOOOOWLY letting time pass by as you mull over decision after decision, detail after detail, plan after plan, and suddenly what do you know, June is gone, and you haven't really accomplished anything. Don't allow this to happen.
As a Court Card, there is the possibility that this would be an actual person standing in our way of making progress. Someone steadfast and practical, maybe trying to make sure that you are focused on the things you are SUPPOSED to be doing and how you are supposed to be doing them, but in relation to card one, I think this person most likely is going to be ourselves, in the ways described above.
Action and Advice to Heed this Month
Queen of Swords
So our advice for this month is to take swift definitive action. This Queen is no-nonsense, and nor should you be. She is the ruler of the Air signs, and I'd like to point out that right now we are in the sign of Gemini, which she rules, so this is a nod to the fact that communications are highly favored right now! Is there someone that you need to clear the air with? Are there agreements you need to make with others, contracts? This would be a fine time to do so. She is an advocate of speaking your mind clearly and concisely and doing whatever needs to be done, so long as it is done in fairness.
If you have any kind of writing project going on, this is definitely the month to crank out the copy! Write, write, write your little hearts out my friends! When paired with our above examples, again the message is to focus on what you should be working on this month and go after it. Don't get lazy or sidetracked. Stay the course. Many times Queens indicate a source of support. There may be a woman who plays a crucial role in your current situation or activities this month that you can go to for assistance. Do not be afraid to do so, she is there to help.
Have a wonderful PRODUCTIVE month! By the month's end, you will be so proud of what you have accomplished! Then we can spend all of July working on our tans or sippin' those margaritas knowing we have earned the well-deserved break!
I'm Liza, professional Tarot reader, writer and mentor, and this is Tarot Liza. Everyday we're working to bring our mission of delivering more value and Tarot education to the Modern Reader to life! Welcome! Read more...
- We’re now in the window of the true Samhain portal. Tune in to this week’s episode and pickup the ritual I left out of last week’s episode (oops!), as well as why you might want to do these rituals again (or for the first time), this week! But hurry- the portal won’t be open long. I also share a few announcements for the podcast for the coming month!...Read More »
- Halloween and rituals go hand in hand. Although we have turned Halloween into a night of spooky fun, complete with costumes and candy for children, it is really a special night to honor those who are no longer with us, and based on the much older pagan sabbat of Samhain. It's a great time to communicate with those who have passed over, or any of our spirit guides, as the veil is much thinner not only during Scorpio season in general...Read More »
- Death, rebirth and letting go, these are the themes that let us know that Scorpio season has arrived! This is the time of year that we are prime to look into the deepest darkest corners and excavate the things that are no longer serving us. The things that are holding us back. Things that have long outlived their usefulness. Some of these things go all the way back to our childhood, and some are just outdated and outworn patterns of behavior...Read More »
- The Shadow Self, what is it and where does it come from? How is it formed, and how do we heal it? Why do we have it in the first place? These are all questions that come up when we begin discussing the shadow. No discussion about the shadow is complete without a dive into mythology, as all things related to the shadow are naturally related to the Underworld, which is the domain of Pluto (who in the Tarot, rules the Death card). Join me in this episode to learn how to identify your shadows, and join us on a 13 day Shadow Work Challenge!...Read More »
- Want to know what's in the cards? Look no further than the stars! What if I could share with you a cool way to use a 3-card-reading, every 10 days, that you don't even have to draw yourself, that could accurately forecast your next 10 days? What if we could do that for all of the 10 days of the rest of your life? And you don't have to be an astrologer to do it either! This technique also works retroactively- so you can look back in time at the forecasts for significant times in your life to see how they match up! Join me this week...Read More »
- The decans and their forecasts, are determined by their astrological associations- so while we may look at the imagery in this card and think it would be a terrible predictor of our week, it's astrology tells a different story. The association for the Three of Swords is Saturn in Libra, and that's the association we need to keep in mind, when we are considering the energy that we are going to be experiencing during this card's reign or tenure. Saturn is cold, dark, heavy, wet, dreary…. Hence the rain in the Rider-Waite-Smith card behind...Read More »