Tarot for the Modern Reader
November Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Five of Cups Reversed
I don't know if I should feel disappointed I'm looking at this card, or just happy it's reversed! The truth is, the outlook, the energy, our environment, it's all happening around us whether we choose to acknowledge it or not. Knowing what it is can help us make the best of it. How do you feel when you see this card?
Right now, you may be feeling sad. You may have gotten some bad news. You may have had your heart broken. You may have lost something or someone so very dear to you in some way. The bad news is, there is some hurt going on.
But you know what? I'm guessing you already knew that. And this card, is about turning around after the pain, picking up the pieces, and moving on. Yeah, that sucks. I know. Sometimes we have to just put on our big girl (or boy) panties and keep on trucking. This card brings hope. Whatever it is, it has already happened. This card is an indication that this month, you will start moving in a new direction. One that lets you figure out how to go forward and make the best of the situation. No, it won't be the same, but yes, you do have options. You will be ok.
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Ten of Cups Reversed
Relationships at home, with your family, may prove to be a bit of a challenge this month. It may be that you aren't considering each other's needs in accordance with your own and trying to find a balance. It may be that a bit of selfishness is at play. It may also be that whatever it is that we are saddened by, what we are getting over, and what we are dealing with emotionally, is taking us away from our family and the love that they have to give to us.
Maybe you feel slighted by your family. They are supposed to have our backs right? It can be upsetting and painful when we are going through a hard time, and those that we count on the most for emotional support or help in some other way, aren't there to give it, or choose not to. It can be so hurtful to feel that you don't have your family to count on, or a division in your family. As difficult times arise, try to not let your family life suffer, or do your best to keep open communication with them and to keep the bonds strong. It may be tough this month.
Action and Advice to Heed This Month
Nine of Swords Reversed
Our action to take this month, or advice, comes from the Nine of Swords. Now I'm one of those people that believes every card turns up for a reason, so if the Universe believes this is what's best, I don't question it! So let's attempt to understand what the Nine of Swords has to offer us.
In this card, I think the message is that we need to open our eyes to what is going on around us, take responsibility for what is ours, and also be able to discern what is real, and what isn't. This card shows someone so upset, overcome by nightmares and even becoming depressed, but we also know that much of what we are upset about, is perceived and may not be 100% real. Just like when we move back into the upright 8 of swords, we know that it is only through ourselves, that we can be free. That we are holding ourselves back.
As the saying goes when it comes to worrying, "Whether you can, or can't do something about the situation, worrying does not bring anything good, just stress and upset". So if we can do something about it, great! If we can't, well, we gotta' let it go. I know, easier said than done right??
So I ask you, where are you feeling worried and anxious, and what can you do about it? If you take a few calming deep breaths, can you look at the situation a little more objectively and make some clearer observations? Do you see some actions you could take that could help solve this month's imbalances and take some of the stress and pressure off?
Final note….Well this month is looking rough. To pull it all together, there is something going on that is causing you pain, but you either won't have your family on hand as you had hoped, or it may take you away from your family quite a bit this month. We're likely going to feel quite stressed, worried or overwhelmed, but we need to remember what we can and can't do, and learn to let go of the rest and leave it in the Universe's hands.
I'm Liza, professional Tarot reader, writer and mentor, and this is Tarot Liza. Everyday we're working to bring our mission of delivering more value and Tarot education to the Modern Reader to life! Welcome! Read more...
- We’re now in the window of the true Samhain portal. Tune in to this week’s episode and pickup the ritual I left out of last week’s episode (oops!), as well as why you might want to do these rituals again (or for the first time), this week! But hurry- the portal won’t be open long. I also share a few announcements for the podcast for the coming month!...Read More »
- Halloween and rituals go hand in hand. Although we have turned Halloween into a night of spooky fun, complete with costumes and candy for children, it is really a special night to honor those who are no longer with us, and based on the much older pagan sabbat of Samhain. It's a great time to communicate with those who have passed over, or any of our spirit guides, as the veil is much thinner not only during Scorpio season in general...Read More »
- Death, rebirth and letting go, these are the themes that let us know that Scorpio season has arrived! This is the time of year that we are prime to look into the deepest darkest corners and excavate the things that are no longer serving us. The things that are holding us back. Things that have long outlived their usefulness. Some of these things go all the way back to our childhood, and some are just outdated and outworn patterns of behavior...Read More »
- The Shadow Self, what is it and where does it come from? How is it formed, and how do we heal it? Why do we have it in the first place? These are all questions that come up when we begin discussing the shadow. No discussion about the shadow is complete without a dive into mythology, as all things related to the shadow are naturally related to the Underworld, which is the domain of Pluto (who in the Tarot, rules the Death card). Join me in this episode to learn how to identify your shadows, and join us on a 13 day Shadow Work Challenge!...Read More »
- Want to know what's in the cards? Look no further than the stars! What if I could share with you a cool way to use a 3-card-reading, every 10 days, that you don't even have to draw yourself, that could accurately forecast your next 10 days? What if we could do that for all of the 10 days of the rest of your life? And you don't have to be an astrologer to do it either! This technique also works retroactively- so you can look back in time at the forecasts for significant times in your life to see how they match up! Join me this week...Read More »
- The decans and their forecasts, are determined by their astrological associations- so while we may look at the imagery in this card and think it would be a terrible predictor of our week, it's astrology tells a different story. The association for the Three of Swords is Saturn in Libra, and that's the association we need to keep in mind, when we are considering the energy that we are going to be experiencing during this card's reign or tenure. Saturn is cold, dark, heavy, wet, dreary…. Hence the rain in the Rider-Waite-Smith card behind...Read More »