Tarot for the Modern Reader
October Monthly Tarot Forecast
Current Overview of the Month
Well, we just got the same card as last month for the Overview. That's certainly against the odds isn't it? Two months in a row, the same card out of 156 options. Hhmm. We have also officially entered Libra season, as associated with this card. It could indicate that the month may be challenging regarding keeping things balanced. We might still be working on fairness and partnership, especially with a FULL MOON in Aries on Oct.5th basically shouting "Me! Me! Me!". Keep at it.
When the Justice card comes up reversed, I always get the sense that Justice will not be served. It's never really an indication of whether or not things will go our way, it's more a feeling that they won't, when they should, or they will, when we know inside, they really shouldn't. Be careful where you find yourself on this issue.
We can feel that things have turned out unfairly or that we were cheated in some way. But this card can also indicate when things are out of balance. We have a lot going on and are having a hard time getting it all done, or all worked out. It's also representative of the air sign, Libra, and since we are now well into Libra season, it could simply be letting us know we have some challenges. There are a few powerful astrology aspects going on this month.
Challenges or Obstacles this Month
Ten of Swords
I think in many ways, we are going to feel like it's over before we even get started, like we're cooked. Time to give up, surrender, throw in the towel! Why bother anyway! As this card shows, we are definitely dealing with rock bottom on some things. But of course coming out of this Pluto transit, we know there are things that we are being forced to let go of and deal with, if we didn't work on it during the retrograde process. Pluto brings purging. And while it can be ever-so-painful in the moment, it is cathartic, cleansing and purifying as well. Truly transformative. So think about what you need to acknowledge as truly over and purge from your life.
Action and Advice to Heed This Month
Eight of Cups Reversed
This tells us that we still have options left. That it is not time to walk away completely. There may be things that you need to address, redo or re-structure, but in the reversed Eight of Cups, the message is that it is not time to give up and walk away. There is still work to do. I personally find this card to have an element of Hope to it. It tells us that our situation still has life left in it. Your next task is to determine what it is you TRULY want so that you can hone in on that. Once you know, you may then decide to move on after all, if it's not what you currently have. But until you know, you don't really know where you are going anyway. Don't decide or judge options by your rational mind. You are being called to use your heart and go with your gut.
Final note….I think we are going to feel like we are getting screwed over and our goose is cooked. We could possibly feel dejected and beaten. But we are not. Stay the course. Time to drop the dead weight and focus on what we really truly want. Go get 'em!
I'm Liza, professional Tarot reader, writer and mentor, and this is Tarot Liza. Everyday we're working to bring our mission of delivering more value and Tarot education to the Modern Reader to life! Welcome! Read more...
- Have you ever gotten a reversed court card? What do you do when you receive a Court Card in a reading, but it is in reverse? Assuming you read reversals, then this post is for you. I read a reversed court card a couple of ways. First and foremost, if it represents someone else, I often see this as a negative expression of the qualities of the person. I…Read More »
- Astrology is a big part of the Tarot, particularly the Major Arcana. Metaphysical disciplines don't exist in a vacuum. Each is related to, and intertwined with many other disciplines. In today's post I want to share with you a little about how astrology and tarot can work together, and specifically, the Major Arcana. We'll discuss the minors in another post-…Read More »
- Did you know there are astrological symbols hiding in plain sight in the tarot? Each card in the Tarot is associated with a corresponding astrological sign, planet, or both. This likely isn;'t a sur[prise to you, afterall, metaphysical disciplines rarely exist in a vacuum. As a matter of fact, with a slower, second look, we can see evidence of…Read More »
- What does self-care look like in the tarot? Well for starters, we have to talk about self-love. We have to have that in order to really be able to prioritize our self care. You might even be wondering why it's so important to prioritize ourself and our own care in the first place. Read tarot for others long enough, and you'll quickly notice that the…Read More »
- What are the top 20 cards for relationships in the tarot? This is the question that everyone wants to know. Why? Well as nature would have it, we are actually predictable creatures by nature. Although we have many different hobbies and personalities and differences between us, the one thing that is most common among all of us is the desire…Read More »
- The King of Wands is the secret to your special gifts and passions that you have to share. This article is written to accompany our 5 Day Inner Emperor Challenge! If you're reading this within the week it goes live, feel free to join us for the live challenge! This is what we are discussed on Day 1, and the remaining 4 days will resemble the content…Read More »