Tarot for the Modern Reader
Animal Symbols and Their Meanings in the Tarot
S02 Ep021 - Have you never noticed how many cards in your deck feature animals? Spoiler alert- in the RWS deck, it's 33! That's nearly half the deck! What does this mean? In the artwork of our decks, the animals are seen as symbols, they represent more than just something cute or interesting to look at. As a matter of fact, every animal has it’s own attributes that make it unique, and it's own spiritual meaning as well. Nearly none of the animals on your cards are placed there by accident or just to improve the artwork of the card or give you something interesting to look at.
Like all of the symbols on your cards, they have meaning. From the larger-than-life horses of the knights, to the smallest or most obscure (do you happen to know which RWS card features a bunny?), they all have great meaning and insight into our cards, and ultimately our readings, to offer us. Listen in to this episode where I share about all of the animals featured in the RWS deck, what they mean, and how you can interpret the animals in whatever deck you choose to read with!
I'm Liza, professional Tarot reader, writer and mentor, and this is Tarot Liza. Everyday we're working to bring our mission of delivering more value and Tarot education to the Modern Reader to life! Welcome! Read more...
- The Sun has moved into the sign of Libra and we have reached the Autumnal Equinox- the moment in time when the balance of light and darkness briefly become equal. In the Justice card, we often consider things to be “balanced”, when the scales are equal, right? When neither side is tipping farther than the other. Then we are said to be in balance. That might work out on paper, or for a static image on a card, but in real life, things seldom work out so perfectly. In real life, it’s messy, and most of the time, we’re just trying to hold the…Read More »
- The Empress represents all that is fruitful. She represents abundance. These are definitely themes of the fall harvest season. The Empress, being ruled by Venus, is an emanation of the divine feminine… as is all that we have gestated in our lives this past season. Whether it be the crops in the ground, or the projects we have worked on over the summer, the process of creation and gestation is divinely feminine and falls under this card. Now at the autumn equinox, the time of Libra and our benevolent Empress, we are sitting with all…Read More »
- How does a card of money and wealth relate to the Divine or Sacred Feminine? The suit of Pentacles is known for its representation of money, health, assets, values and valuables. The ten in this suit specifically, is often related to wealth, generational wealth, property, inheritances, legacy- things of value we pass on . Where does the Divine Feminine come in? Join me in this week's episode as we enter the portal of the Ten of Pentacles now and I’ll share my personal perspective of the beautiful alignment happening for you to work with…Read More »
- After a large survey of responses to the question, What's your biggest struggle with learning or reading Tarot, the results are in. I asked, and boy did you answer. In this weeks podcast episode, I'm uncovering some of your biggest blocks to reading Tarot easily and successfully, and if you listen closely, you might even hear a response of your own in here! Tune in this week to find out how you can overcome your most difficult obstacles to reading tarot with clarity, accuracy and ease!…Read More »
S02 Ep031 Using the Power of Tarot to Create the Habits and Routine that Set You Up for Happiness and SuccessWe are now in the energy of the Hermit, and this week, I want to get a bit more intentional about how you can use this energy to actually CULTIVATE a practice of building good habits and routines with the Tarot as your guide and accomplice. Now I know, talking about routines and schedules can be a completely boring topic for many of us, and one of the least sexy and exciting things we can do with our tarot practice! But what I love about it, is that it is simply the foundation of a personal practice of all kinds…Read More »
- I am so thrilled we are entering Virgo season- the season of routines, making order out of chaos (hello live-out-loud Leo season!), and health. This is the time of year that we get our systems in order, get organized, create new routines and enjoy the change of season in our lives. While we still have one month of "summer" left, Virgo is a mutable sign, and let's us know that it is during this sign's yearly reign, we'll begin to see and feel autumn's first signs and signals. Virgo season is a time for enjoying the last of summer's warmth and bounty…Read More »